Sunday, February 10, 2013

Bead Soup Blog Party! & New Work Space!


Hi everyone!

It has been way too long since my last post.  I have been cleaning and resetting my work space.  More of that to come a little later...

Bead Soup Blog Party!  Yay!  This is my first Bead Soup Blog Party.  I spent a few days trying to make my soup...different beads...different ingredients.  Silver, Copper or Gold.  Maybe Bronze?  Should it be antiqued?  Polished?  I way over thought the whole process...but I think, in a good way.  I kinda put together my favorite color combination and chose a metal that I don't use very often.
My Bead Soup partner is Cheri Reed. Her blog is http://CreativeDesignsbyCheri.blogspot.com. Cheri is a very talented jewelry artist. Oddly enough, we live just a short distance from each other-maybe 20 or so miles! I look forward to a yummy Bead Soup! Check out Cheri's blog and enjoy!  I gave her the opportunity to create a couple different options-multi strand is a possibility...maybe.  We'll see what beautiful creation Cheri makes!

Here are the Bead Soup ingredients.

This is the metal soup ingredients.

Getting ready for the Post Office...on the way to Canton, Ohio.

OK, so I mentioned something about my work space.  I wish that I would have taken before pictures, because it looked like a snow globe.  You know, one of those things that you pick up and shake and the snow comes fluttering down.  That WAS my work space-shook up and fluttered.  The major reason I restructured my space is because my boys bought my a Craftsman work bench for Christmas.  It is so neat, and big.  It is 6 big feet of workspace with a back board and built in light.  Totally awesome!  So, everything had to be relocated and in the process, cleaned and straightened up.  I'm still not done, but, it is close.  My space is in my basement.  Our house was built in 1926 and its not the warmest place in the house.  I usually turn the space heaters for about 30 minutes before I do anything.  I am fortunate to have a large basement and for whatever the reason was, the ceilings are very high.  (when they built houses back then, the basement ceilings were typically low) On the middle table area, I have my torch for lampworking.  Then you can see my glass rod supply and then my bead stash---OK, maybe I'm a bit of a hoarder.  Here are some pictures of the space...



Here is the new work bench.  Love it!





 
The bead stash, findings and mixed metal stuff. To the left is a picture of glass rods for lampworking.  There is also my small stash of dichroic for fusing.  I love dichroic!
 
 
So, I will see you all soon.  Here is to a really awesome Bead Soup Blog Party!
 
Until then,
 
Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. stopping in visiting all the blogs for the bead soup blog party! good look with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete