Thursday, January 17, 2013

Impressed?


Good day to all.  I haven't felt 100% today.  I don't know what's up with that.  So far, just crackers and applesauce.  I think that when I am done here, I will go lay down.  I have not been sleeping well lately and I'm sure that has a lot to do with the way I am feeling.
 
I was playing with different gauges of copper sheet and shapes with the Vintaj Big Kick.  I have found that if you anneal the thicker copper sheet  or shape before you run it through, you have more success.  I tried some of the patinas on a few of the pieces.  It will take a little practice to get the look that you desire.  Once I decide what to make with these, they will be cleaned up and polished real pretty! 
 
The bottom two pics are leaves from last fall that I have electroplated.  I can see where this will be a really, really neat thing to master, but as of right now, I am definitely not there.  I was pleasantly surprised on the thickness of the copper that got deposited on the leaves.  I am not sure why I chose these leaves, because they are too big to do anything with!  I'm sure that there is an artisan out there that could do something magnificent with them.  She doesn't reside here!
 
*Just looked at my pics-sorry bout the white fuzzies on the black velvet background.  I still have a lot to learn!  Everyday...!!!
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment