Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Life got in the way! & by the way...Where's Spring?



I have been away for a while...not physically...more mentally!  Sometimes life just gets in the way!  But, we go on and we learn and it's all good.


I just had the pleasure of visiting all of the first reveal of the 7th Bead Soup Blog Party participants.  I cannot believe how it made me feel.  It took me two days, I'm not sure how many hours, but it was so worth it.  I was moved in many ways...I was in awe, overwhelmed, I was surprised and sometimes shocked...I was taken aback by creations that were breathtaking, imposing, majestic, stunning, and sometimes, moving.  There were jewelry artists who created designs that brought me to tears, that shocked me a bit, were dramatic, that were imaginative, pleasing and original.  I saw designs that were grand, poetic, exquisite and just plain old cool.  The time that Lori Anderson must have in this endeavor has to be staggering.  I just don't know how she does it...she deserves praise to the utmost.  The soup ingredients were so diverse, contrasting and varied that it made for a colorful and spirited mix of some of the most unusual and whimsical compositions imaginable!  I can't think of any more words that will tell you how I feel!  I will definitely do the same for the second and third reveal and look forward to it.  I am participating is the second reveal...and with this being my first Bead Soup Blog Hop, I am a bit apprehensive.  I know that we challenge ourselves everyday no matter what we do in our lives.  And we do venture out of comfort zone.  It should and will help us grow and understand something new and different.

OK...so I have babbled on more than I should have...just had to say something about it all!!!



Springtime, Where Art Thou?


Just thought I would add a little Spring time to this post.  These photographs were taken last year on March 21.  This year the Magnolia tree hasn't even started to bud, the daffodils are short, little leaf groups sneaking out of the frozen ground, cushion spurge are nubs poking up and the forsythia buds are hiding!  BTW...I live in northeast Ohio.


Take care, see you soon,
Hugs-

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment